12.06.2016

Battle of the Liquid Lipsticks


I'm probably a little late to start talking about liquid lipsticks but this post is for all of you who, like me, still love the ease and durability that they offer. The three brands that I'm going to be talking about today include two low end products and the other is reasonably high end. I want to feature a lot of high quality low end brands on p&t because I know there are many people out there that can't always justify spending close to fifty dollars for one lipstick (I definitely can't!).

The first product I want to talk about is the Australis Velourlips collection. The lipsticks sell for around fifteen dollars each, this puts them in the low end category and in my opinion, I think you're definitely getting your moneys worth. The colour range is really beautiful and unique featuring a number of really bright shades. The formula goes on smoothly and I haven't had any problems with patchiness, even with the darkest shades and the product definitely stays on well. On the downside it does take a while to properly dry which means if you put your lips together theres a good chance some will shift and clump up. It also seems to transfer after it has supposedly "dried down". I found it extremely drying on the lips, and I don't usually have an issue with dryness so if you are sensitive to it, Velourlips may not be the lipstick for you.

My one high end lipstick I want to include in this comparison is the famous Kylie Cosmetics liquid lipstick. There has been so much controversy over her brand and products so I want to give you all a quick rundown on my experience with her products. I have a couple of matte liquid lipsticks from her. The formula itself is great but I only have some of the lighter colours so I can't say whether patchiness becomes a problem when the colours start getting darker. The colours I own (Candy K and Exposed) have perfect coverage and only need one layer, however the smell is a little overwhelming in my opinion. I've heard a lot of people say how much they love the smell but to me, it's much too sweet. Velourlips has an amazing smell, it almost reminds me of raspberry candy. Overall I think the colours, formula and durability that the matte Kylie Lipkits offer make them worth the money and I'll definitely overlook the few little issues I had and buy more in the future.


Colourpop ultra matte liquid lipsticks are the final line I'm going to talk about in this post. I recently bought the fall collection which included the matte shades mama and love bug. Firstly, I just want to say how impressed I am with the quality and the price! I spent thirty New Zealand Dollars and i got two ultra matte lipsticks, one ultra satin lip and a ultra glossy lip and the quality is fantastic. The formula of the colour pop ultra matte lipsticks is very liquid opposed to cream like the Kylie and australis products. It drys down super fast and has great durability but the product can feel quite drying on the lips. It doesn't particularly bother me but I thought I should mention it for those of you who are sensitive to the drying feeling. I'm really, really, really impressed with the colour pop lipsticks and I think they're worth every dollar.

If I had to pick a winner, taking into consideration the price, formula, smell and feel, Colourpop would win hands down. The price point is so fantastic and the quality is so high I can't recommend it enough. So let et me know if you want to see some lip swatches rather than arm swatches in the future and comment your favourite liquid lipstick brand below! Thanks for reading.




Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment